Friday, April 4, 2014

It's been a while...

I'm not even sure where to start this.  I wrote my first blog shortly after getting my first DSLR camera. This is my second blog...3 years later.  Whoa, what a ride!!!  I am going to try this again. It would take me 3 weeks to update you on what all has been going on, so I'll keep the blogs minimal. :)  I will try to do all sorts of things, photography tips, God's gifts, my personal journey in life, business and such.   This will be a chance for you to get to know me.  I'll probably laugh, cry, and blog things that no one should know.  God kind of created me like an open book.  I have very few secrets...just how He made me.

Business:  The last 3 years have been a whirlwind. Since my last blog, I have grown so much.  God has really shown me and given me so much in the last 3 years. I  have doubled in sessions every year since I began this journey.  The last few months have been such a change in where I thought I'd ever be.  I had someone contact me and offer to do a website for me for free!! Are you kidding me?!? Awesome awesome people, and I'd highly recommend the people at Accelerated Web Studios.  Amy, one of the owners, took time out of her day to talk to me and even listen to my rambling.  I had been shooting newborns in my house in our spare bedroom, but I am excited to say that I have rented a little office space and now how a little studio!!  I am still in the process of decorating and such, but it's fantastic to have a space to use and to store all of my props and lighting.  I know that my husband is glad all of that is no longer at the house. :)
I remember that I prayed years ago that God would make me not proud or boastful.  Be careful what you wish for.  I feel like I have a hard time accepting compliments.  I am not willing to ask God to change my heart.  When people compliment my work, I simply tell them, "it's all God.  I am totally not that cool".  I'm not.  I pray before every session that God will have complete control over my camera, put me at ease, create a connection between me and the client, and provide the perfect scene.  He does that.   I prayed for this.  I want this.  I want to be a photographer.  I know that I still have such a long way to go.  I am sure thankful that I am a Christian and that God walks with me during these sessions, and He sits with me through the hours and hours of editing.   One day photography will be my profession.  One day I will quit my day job.  One day someone will ask what I do for a living and I'll be able to say, "I'm a photographer".

Personal:  My goal with this blog is to voice my thoughts, my feelings, my journey, and my faith.  I don't have many friends since I'm usually shooting sessions or editing them until super late at night.  I want to say that I've lost a couple friends during this journey of becoming a photographer.  Truth is, I've lost almost all of them.  I have 3 girlfriends that I have dinner with once a month to vent, laugh and cry with.  I have a best friend...I haven't talked to in a month or so.  We're both so busy.  It's tough, but I do find joy in photography.  I love talking to new people, getting to know them, sharing stories and such.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not a lonely cat lady or anything.  In the evenings my husband sits with me when I edit just to talk.  I enjoy our talks. I enjoy talking.  Period.  Which is very strange since I haven't blogged in 3 years. :)  Oooooopsie. 

Guess that's it for now.  I'm excited to start blogging again...
This blog will be all kinds of stuff.  Don't be scared. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment